Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shepherd's Pie

I cut out this recipe from The Star newspaper a while ago.
I didn't really follow it and changed the ingredients and seasoning as I went along.
Afterall, this is my 3rd attempt at this recipe and each time, I improvised.


The pie filling, I used about 200g of minced beef which I seasoned with some salt, sugar, pepper, oyster sauce, soya sauce and more black pepper... I basically had a bit of fun here adding in whatever I thought was appropriate! lol!

I also used butter instead of oil, fried some bacon, added in some onions, then the beef, then the rest of the vegetables (in this case, it was carrots & some peppers). After which, I added 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and 2 tablespoons of HP sauce.

Use salt and sugar and pepper to taste!

I made the mashed potato myself. An easier alternative to all that mashing would be to buy instant mashed potato that is sold in most supermarkets.

I've got milk, salt, black pepper, italian herbs and some cheese in my mashed potato. Didn't keep track of the amounts I used. I literally added, mixed and tasted! *lol*
The perks of being a chef!

I bought myself a whipped cream dispenser (decorator) from Daiso the other day! Oh what fun RM5 can bring you! lol! Instead of whipped cream, I put mashed potato in mine and had alot of fun decorating my pie! =)

25mins in a 200 degree celsius oven and here we go!



It doesn't taste too bad, I must say =)

No comments:

Post a Comment