My Disclaimer : I am grumpy and PMSing, so sue me! I still have a right to my own opinion.
I woke up this morning grumpy and very possibly PMSing. And I got to Facebook and saw a couple of Happy Good Friday status posts and I'm thinking, a person was crucified on a cross today donkey years ago and people are wishing likely Christians a Happy Good Friday. I'm sure no harm/ill intentions were intended.
Well, it's perfectly fine to wish everyone a great long weekend, and a happy friday ... no offence ... Happy Easter is more than fine! It is afterall, a day of celebration!
I do not pretend to understand other's religions and neither am I some holy hoodoo voodoo Christian. (My favourite 'Talk To God' place is the toilet bowl.) But someone died on the cross, so we could be cleansed of our sins. We've got to give some respect to that, or at least to the story behind Good Friday.
Sure, I'm grateful for Jesus who so selflessly died for my sins. Hence my opinion that Good Friday is a day of gratitude and appreciation and perhaps even repentance.
I'm probably offending a number of people with this self-righteous opinion of mine. But hell! It is my opinion, at least I have one, so sue me!
No comments:
Post a Comment